Rael?

I've been reading interest on the meaning of Rael. This "name" has somwhat
intrigued me since I purchased Genesis' Lamb Lies Down on Broadway (ca.
1975) album many moons ago. Rael is the name of the NY City Puerto Rican
Street Punk that the story revolves around. Clearly, Townshend wrote his
song long before Gabriel penned his story. I recall reading an interview at
some time with Gabriel where he described Rael is Lear spelled backwards -
I am assuming this is in reference to Shakespeare's King Lear? If any of
you have listed to "The Lamb," you know the story is about as way out as
you can get. To see any clear reference to King Lear or anything else is
difficult. Anyways - this may clue somebody else in to a solution to Rael
or simply muddy the waters. However - Gabriel and Townshend are the only
ones I have ever seen using this word.

Nostems