Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V6 #34

Count me in as one of the "late" 30's females who loves The Who, althought I
want a clarification of what "older" means. :-)
I'm old enough to have seen them with Keith, (thanks mom!) at Jacksonville
in 1976. My parents took me and my best friend. We were 15. They made the
mistake of getting us our own hotel room....we trashed it. No tvs out the
window, mind you, but we did a number with ice buckets full of water on the
mattresses and curtains. Love ya, Keith!

Roger used to comment that there was a whole new generation that fell in
love with The Who when the Tommy movie came out. What he didn't say was that
these were mostly teenage girls who had fallen in love with HIM. I had
several friends in high school who "loved The Who" right after that movie.
However, unlike me, it didn't last for them. So, there would probably be a
lot of other "older" female Who fans if others, like some of my friends, had
stuck with it. They don't know what they've been missing!

Carol Z.
>------------------------------
>
>Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 21:25:27 -0600
>From: Cheryl Posner-Weber <otter@execpc.com>
>Subject: Slip kid?
>
>Carolyn,
>
>> Please correct me if
>> I'm wrong and there are a bunch of older female Who fans
>> out there somewhere...I'd love to chat with 'em!
>
>Older than what, or whom?  :)
>
>I am unsure about which group I qualify for; I'm older than Yellow
Ledbetter, yet