Apologies and the Godfather

First, I just want to apologize to those bored by the latest political
discussions, since I was the one who inadvertently started them
with an offhand remark.  Although they do interest me, I can see
how they're not germane to the Who mailing list, and therefore
I'll curb any impulses to reply to future comments about the matter.
This is not the same as admitting defeat, however...oh, and
I reserve the right to discuss any kind of rock music, since that's
pretty close to the subject of this list. <g>

Brian in Atlanta:

>BTW, no one had a kind word to say about P.J. Proby's Godfather, but when
I saw
him in Atlanta (next to last Quad show) he was very good.  I just wished
they'd
taken my suggestion and gotten James Brown to play the Godfather, as long
as
they were in Georgia.<

That would've been sooo cool!!  I also saw P.J. Proby as the Godfather and
thought he did wonderfully.  It was also a trip to see the man who covered
Lennon/McCartney's "That Means A Lot" and realize he actually *could*
sing in spite of it. <g>

--Carolyn