another repost

>Lively show tonight - Pete in particular was well
up for it, despite allegedly suffering from a cold.

Greatest Hits, but a lot of fun. Pete said they'd revived
the Who Christmas Concerts so they could use the
old excuses for not buying presents, 'we were far
too busy er,  working to buy anything....'.

It's been raining in London, off and on, all day, so
waiting to get in was, well, wet. Queuing opposite
to us (near the front of the Guest line), was Hayley
Mills, and someone familiar to fans of the UK
cop series 'The Bill' - DS Beech/Billy Murray - they
got as wet as the rest of us and claimed to be big
fans.

We'll put together a set list/review in an hour or two,
when we've heard it all again. Fans of the Gold Strat
(used on 96/97 Quad, Harborlights, Woodstock,
Vegas, HOB), best not wait up though - particularly
if you were fond of this instrument.

Pete had a spot of Hiwatt amp trouble, so they went off
for a short time, before coming back with MG. Roger again
had problems with his monitor earpiece.

Roger opened proceedings 'We're home!', Pete made
several references to 'how glad he was to be back 'ere'.

Garry Hurley was at the Centre Forward position, along
with the 'punk with red hair' who might well have been
Bjorn. I'll let him tell you the story of how he, or someone
very near him, received admonishment from PT!

All round the venue, past Goldhawk Road Tube station even
were posters for the BBC CD  - DEFINITELY OUT
FEB 14, (allegedly, pinch of salt provided on request).