Re: Pearljam vs. Third Eye

> I think PJ and Eddie Vedder are full of themselves.  Who are they to
> criticize who can play what song?  I haven't heard the PJ rendition of the
>
> song, but I have heard the Third Eye Blind version, and it's just fine.
> Neither band, I'm willing to wager, lives up to the Who's version.  If
> Eddie
> is worried about inferior bands playing other band's songs, he should
> leave
> it alone as well.
>

> charles

Have heard several different versions of Pearljam performing BOR

(have a CDR with two different versions, Naked Eye, Let my love open the
door, My generation, and a great verion of The Kids are Alright)

and I have to say that they definately do a pretty good job.  The best part
about it is the enthusiasim that Vedder gives it compared to a lot of his
own stuff.  A link to one of their more poorly recorded versions of the song
can be found at http://www.fivehorizons.com/songs/july98/index.html

What's more I have to say that I hate Third Eye Blind with a passion, they
are a great example of how gay music has gotten lately.

=====
Always remember that I have taken more out of
alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.

                  --Winston Churchill

Help a poor starving college student (aka me) today!
http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=gie891