Re: Who should sing this song

>Was watching a '98 video tape of Pearl Jam where the band most always play
>Baba O' Riley. There have been a 'feud' recently between PJ and Third Eye
>Blind (in Rolling Stone) over who can perform Who songs. The lead singer for
>Third Eye Blind has said that PJ do not corner the market on Who songs.

I've seen Pearl Jam perform Baba live a couple of times and I have a few
different MP3s of the song.  I've also seen 3EB play it on TV.  Pearl
Jam does a decent job, considering that they don't have a keyboardist or
a backing tape to really play the song true to it's original flavor.
Personally though, I really like their version.  On the other hand, 3EB
totally sucked when I saw them play it!  The performance had no passion
or feeling.