Re: roadrunner

It's old, and that's a boogie beat--it sort of predates rock.  Ever hear Bo
Diddley do it?  They've Whoified it quite a bit.

Normally I don't notice that the band actually played together--it's three
solos instead that add up to this grand noise.  John sort of thunders along
underneath with the beat and the melody while Pete and Keith do their thing.
  But in this case they've really got it together.  Keith is actually on the
beat, John is actually playing bass, and Pete does this fantastic embroidery
on top of it.  The voices and the timing are dead on, too.  There's a blind
instinct that takes hold of you and carries you along with them.  Even
watching the video I can feel how it must have been to stand on the stage
that night.

keets