Re: Who should sing this song?

In a message dated 12/8/99 1:27:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<< Was watching a '98 video tape of Pearl Jam where the band most always play
 Baba O' Riley. There have been a 'feud' recently between PJ and Third Eye
 Blind (in Rolling Stone) over who can perform Who songs. The lead singer for
 Third Eye Blind has said that PJ do not corner the market on Who songs.
Eddie
 Vedder said before their rendition of BOR, " An inferior Band tried to play
 this song on the TV or some kind of award's show. Well, we're gonna stop all
 the wars and show you how to really play this song (rolling up his sleeves
 and picking up a tambourine while using a mic with a very long lead!) and
 recommend that these corporate cock-suckers leave these kinds of songs alone
 and (screaming) They know who they are!"  Janet >>

I think PJ and Eddie Vedder are full of themselves.  Who are they to
criticize who can play what song?  I haven't heard the PJ rendition of the
song, but I have heard the Third Eye Blind version, and it's just fine.
Neither band, I'm willing to wager, lives up to the Who's version.  If Eddie
is worried about inferior bands playing other band's songs, he should leave
it alone as well.

charles