The Daltrey/Messiah show

well,the show is now over...
first off,if anyone's planning on hunting down the video,be prepared that
it's a classical/rock/gospel type show...
great show for that music though..
there was a bad hitch last night though - jeffrey osborne opens the show and
he walked out from the side onto centre stage..lifted the mic..started to
sing...no sound!!!
he was extremely p'd off...
but thankfully it picked up from there..
Roger was on 3rd for a solo song which was great..he had a fantastic stage
presence ,looked so young and tidy..wearing a waistcoat first,then a suit
later on..
dont think ive ever seen him in a suit before..
and here for your pleasure is  a pic of him in suit...

http://images.ireland.com/newspaper/ireland/1299/concert.jpg

Move around that site and irish-times.ie for more pics of the show..
I'll be getting my own ones developed in the coming days and can post the
better few..

it was a very controversial show here as they had grants from taxpayers
money as part of a millenium fund and some thought it shouldnt have been
spent on an event that not everyone could see....
but thats all another story..

Roger's songs were the most rock oriented in the show and definitely the
best...they really suited his voice and he seemed to be really enjoying it..

He did 2 more solo songs plus a song with gladys night;then a song at the
end with gladys,chaka kahn and jeffrey osborne...

Gladys knight was also excellent...Chaka khan wasn't the best...she looked
out of place there..
aidan quinn was  the compere for the show - just read a few introductions...
on the way in I saw Gabriel Byrne - not sure if he was at the show but he
was walking around nearby

btw - did ANYONE get tickets for shepherds bush???
i got through at 9.08am and they were sold out!!