I found it!! Lifehouse commission

		Had to do a little digging, but I found the article that got
me going on all of this.  It was in The Sunday Times article on
thewho.net/news.
		Here is what has my thoughts churning:

		(article...with Pete's words in quotes):
		As the band grew bigger, and the concerts grew bigger, he
(Pete) was already missing the sense of "congregation", as he puts it, that
he felt in the early gigs.

		This sense of isolation undoubtedly informed the plot of
Lifehouse. The need to reconnect with people, a theme of the play, was also
very much on Townshend's mind. "In the early days of my writing, I was very
conscious of a process which was like a commission," he says, "writing for
the audience, which was predominantly male, and talking about male frailty."

		This feeling that the audience was his "commissioning
editor" is one Townshend wants to have again.  He believes Lifehouse may get
it back for him.  He wants to see whether his audience - now in its forties
and fifties (NOT ME.....sorry, back to the article)- shares the feelings he
had as a kid.

		"Lifehouse today is about my reality.  It's not to say the
music isn't important, but I think if a group of people listen to the play,
and the feedback I get is that I am where they are, then I think what I'll
get is a really good commission for my concert.  Because I haven't really
had a clear commission since I wrote Can't Explain." (end).

		So there you have it. This to me sounds pretty clear that he
is looking to us (THIS LIST!!!) to provide him with feedback on "I am where
they are".
		Our leader is asking for help!  Are you gonna just sit there
(think of Animal House and hum patriotic song to self).  NO!!!  Cause when
the going gets tough..................the tough get going!!  (don't stop me,
I'm on a roll). Are you with me!!! Let's goooo!!! (run out of room yelling
and go in no particular direction!).
		Well, I think my point is made.  Thanks for listening.
		Stay in tune,
		Kevin in Vt.