Re: two obscure songs

>Wondering about a couple Pete songs I've never heard:  one called
>"This Song is Green" and one called "Greyhound Girl."  Was the former
>done by Billy Nichols and what did Pete have to do with it?

Bill,

Billy Nicholls wrote (and sings, I think) "This Song is Green." Pete plays
synthesized flute (?) on it. It appears on "I Am," the 2nd of three Baba
lovers albums that Pete did in the '70s. All three are now available on a 2
CD bootleg called "I Am Happy Birthday With Love." This was mentioned in a
recent ICE issue. If you exclude songs already on "Who Came First," plus
the CD bonus tracks, and "Another Scoop" (11 out of 30 songs), and the
songs not written by Pete (15/30), there's not much left to justify a 2CD
bootleg price, IMO. Completists may disagree. One highlight is a 13 minute
instrumental version of "Baba O'Riley." He co-wrote and sings "Mary Jane."
I think he sings "Meher" and "Contact," but I don't think he wrote these.
Not according to Ed Hanel's "The Who - The Illustrated Discography."
There's also a pre-McVicar version of "Without Your Love" by Billy Nicholls.

"Greyhound Girl" and "Classified" were released as the B-sides of the UK 45
of LMLOTD.

Jim