Whofest: MyrtleBeach 1999

Hi Everyone,
            Just got back from South Carolina. In terms of numbers
and actual people showing up,unfortunately not many did.So that was
a little bit sad as we had heard from so many saying that they would
be there. It would have been nice to have met you all. However, this
did not prevent us from having a really good time, and already there
is talk of another Whofest or three different ones  for next year.!
Most of the listed/scheduled activities were dropped as a result of
the low turnout and apart from the meeting/s at the Hard Rock Cafe
the only other things were meeting up at Mark's Store where we talked
Who and viewed Who memorabilia etc.....
    As has already been posted, The Friday night meeting at The Hard
Rock turned out to be quite a night and the very next day, with the
arrival of our Who Historian extraordinaire Mr. Brian Cady, The
last part of the Whofest  was embarked upon - The trip to the
Meher Baba Center.
                  I'm trying to be as brief as I can (some of you
don't like long posts). This was truly a wonderful experience. The
Center is within a 500 acre estate of virgin forest, untouched,
unspoiled. There's a fair amount of walking to do. (and we did not
see everything due to the late hour). The Baba Center's officials
who showed  us around were very,very, nice to us and went out of
their way to accomodate us . this is something I will never forget.
It made the whole trip worthwhile. Their patience and willingness
to be frank and open with us was incredible. I certainly learned a
lot and I think that by the end of the trip, they were happy that
we had visited and talked  to them.
       So thus ended the Whofest (almost). Then next day We arranged
to have  lunch at an area Steakhouse. Brian was called away by an
emergency and so was Mark, but I and Sheridan were there and later
that day I visited Mark at his home and we talked more Who of course
as well as play Who. I also have to thank The Leaman family for their
very kind hospitality of which I am grateful.
    So there we have it  a short summary of the events as they were
played out  by the few who attended. I'll be there next year again
if anyone wants to do it, I had a great time.
Regards, Derick.