Re: Hard Rock Cafe

RE:
 >>First of all, allow me to correct myself. Sherridan is a young lady, and
 >>delightful one at that. She did make it to MB, and we all met at the
Hard
 >>Rock near the Who display, after which they proceeded to get me quite
drunk
 >>on gin and that's all I remember until I found myself out front on
Elvis'
 >>motorcycle with Brian Jones' fur jacket on and...no, not really. But it
was
 >>a very nice evening, and I did perhaps drink more than seemed advisable
 >>this morning when I awoke.

In my own defence, I would like to say that it wasn't us corrupting Mark to
imbibe to the point of excess. We thought his drinks, like John's
bicycle-style microphone bottles, were full of water. (Please don't try to
correct me, fellow Who aficionados, as I would like to keep the illusion
that the lighter bottle of JAE's twin reservoirs is in fact, full of healthy
refreshing H2O. The darker bottle, I'd like to think, is iced tea. Indulge
me in this dream.) Besides, if there was any excess drinking happening at
the "Hard Rock Cafe" it was due to peer pressure. Sitting under Brian Jones'
coat and near Keith Moon's pants does little to encourage moderation,
despite the alarming fact that neither of them is still with us.  The only
other piece of interesting clothing nearby was the a pair of Rocky's gold
glitter bikini pants from Rocky Horror Picture Show. Thank goodness no one
drank enough to think those were inspiring. All in all, I think things went
well and last I heard, all three pieces of clothing were still on the walls
at the HR Cafe, which is more than I can say for Pete's pickups. Shockingly,
while all other memorabilia is under glass, Pete's guitar is unbelievably
displayed without protection or cover for the instrument. Ditto for John's
bass that is archived there. John's seemed intact, but Pete's had most
likely been vandalized. It's idiotic.

            SS