Re: Roger on Guitar

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999, Derick Bhupsingh wrote:

> The first time I saw Roger on Guitar, I well,let's not quite call
> it a laugh but I had a bit of a chuckle. It was a bit like a NFL
> player trying to dance Swan Lake! What possesed Him or them to '
> have old Rog play the guitar is really beyond me. (actually this

Agreed that Roger looked a little clumsy in '82 and '89, but i gotta give
him credit, he obviously worked at it and when I saw him playing acoustic
guitar during Who Are You in '96 I was pleasantly surprised.  It wasn't
just the usual lead-singer strumming, 'Look at me, I've got a guitar
around my neck'" kinda thing, he was actuallyshowing some considerable
skill and playing some interesting lines.  Watch out Pete!

Bill Watson