The favorites list marches on...

For whatever it's worth...

Other than the large space The Who occupies in my cd collection, I also have cushy spots for the Beatles, Springsteen, Clash (London Calling is on my top 5 album list), pre-92 U2, and a newer band some might have heard of called Superchunk.

                   Dave

---
Be kind, be real, or get out of my face
                              -- Pete Townshend

On Mon, 5 Apr 99 20:17:55 -0   pigpen wrote:
>well nathan here is my 2 cents on other acts i like...
>     as you can see from my moniker i'm an ole' time deadhead so i guess
>i was into the dead for a few years, ya know a couple of hundred shows
>lol.....
>     in all honesty however some of my best weekends started with a
>friday nite dead show and a sunday nite who show.....awsome memories of
>that....but if the dead and the who were playing the same nite close
>together i would go see the who no questions asked...
>i also have a deep fondness for yes and king crimson.   jethro tull was
>always fun and santana rocked a few of my evenings as well.  lately the
>allmans' have been interesting and blues traveler will probably be the
>next long time sustained band phish not withstanding (they are ok but the
>crowd they draw is terrible and remember i'm a deadhead i know sleaze
>when i see it)  crosby stills and nash are fun on a good nite when
>stephen is into it and i really got off on seeing the talking heads.
>i've seen hot tuna too many times and jorma more often than that.
>genesis was great in the late 70's and early 80's but the police really
>kicked ass in concert before they went comercial * here is a hint - see
>sting now  because he is getting back to the early days of the police
>with the pace of his shows....remember he is the bellboy!!!!!
>rush was cool in 79 and 80 but they lost me when the crowd started
>getting more into the light show than the music.   i reccomend seeing the
>neville brothers when ever possible and if david gilmour plays by himself
>again that is a great treat, much better than floyd....more jamming.
>ratdog is becomming a great band and i would give a testicle to see bobby
>and the midnites one more time lol.... the clash were great and when the
>opened for the who i was blown away BAD is just as good.  the sex pistols
>had a great album and pil was even better, i hope lydon can keep off the
>needle just for a little while...  searching my memory banks (what ever
>is left) i remember a few good shows by the b52's and even springsteen.
>utopia was a great escape as was dylan and petty.
>but none can ever compare to a who concert  (even these big band
>reghallas of the last 10 years)
>on an average nite for the who the creschendo after creschendo is not
>matched by anyone (remember i love jerry) and the spontineity  is
>awsome........ on a good nite   WOW
>listen to it all
>they do !

HotBot - Search smarter.