What is Art?

Putting my macro "specs" on...I don't think there is anything hard about
defining art.  Isn't it a creative process which tries to organize human
emotion and expression?  This is a fairly objective definition because
there is a *lot* of room to play with there.

When you get down to it, a piece of art is usually something you either
like or you don't.  Art either moves you or not, in varying degrees of
course.....everything else is criticism.  Jim made this point with the
"Beauty; eye of beholder; blah, blah, blah" comment.

Secondly, an artist is a person who actually does this kind of work....I
intentionally used the word "work" because *anyone* who is passionate about
what they do quite literally becomes an artist and the product of that work
*is* art.

Again, these thoughts are, as I mentioned, in macro terms, of course.

Of course, Pete "does the work".  Is there anyone who could deny he isn't
passionate about what he does?

Don't make things so hard.  It's only monday... :)