Re: The Who in my genreation

Well I am the next generation.  I'm 18 and have been listening to The Who since I was 14.  Music is art.  It touches the soul in the same manner in which a pianting or sculture can do for others.  The Who is my  Picasso or Cezanne.  Their music has the ability to reach down and trigger a sensation that by myself I am not able to reach.  Townshend's words and music , to me,  relay the same sense of abandonment and isolation that a painting such as Van Gogh's "The Scream" does for others.  This power to reach someone, especially a kid  who can barely remember the '80's, the same way it did to those of you who where there upon its conception is what makes this art.  If an "artist"  can call a bicycle tire hanging from the ceiling with a sugar cube hanging from it art, what musicians, rock or otherwise, do is surely art.

---
Be kind, be real, or get out of my face
                              -- Pete Townshend

Better to travel in your mind than throughout the world
                              -- Henry David Thoreau

HotBot - Search smarter.
http://www.hotbot.com

--------- End Forwarded Message ---------