Re: Magazine tidbits

At 13:53 -0700 5/13/98, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 15:27:40 -0500
>From: Cheryl Posner-Weber <otter@execpc.com>
>
>"Hedwig and the Angry Inch," on page 81:

Yow.  I'll let you make up your own punch line here...:-O

>"[John Cameron] Mitchell, who has acted on Broadway ('The Secret
>Garden') and in TV sitcoms ('Party Girl'), had wanted to do a rock
>musical ever since being 'annoyed' by Broadway's 'Tommy.'  'Rock on
>stage is always submerged, diluted,' he says.  'I wanted to do something
>that was truly rock 'n' roll and truly theater.' "

Oooo, big talk from someone I've never heard of, much less recognize as
having anything to do with rock.  If he can beat _Tommy_, I'll be the first
to tip my hat to him (hell, if he can beat _Tommy_, I'll do more than that
:-), but I'm far from holding my breath.  Come on, Mr. Mitchell...knock me
out.

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)