Emma Townshend's New CD Winterland

While rummaging the 'T' section in the mega-music store in the big city I
found a promo copy of Emma's new CD.  I, as I write this, am listening to it
for the first time.  So far I would say it is a departure in attitude and
energy from what one might expect from father Pete or uncle Simon.

The hits as listed are: Better Than Music
                        The Last Time I Saw Sadie
                        Walk At Night
                        Ghost Kitchen
                        My Angel Vertigo
                        The Ambition Of My Heart
                        Groundswell
                        Five-A-Side Football
                        Wish Finger
                        How Gardens Grow
                        The Ladder

I'm sure there is a category by which to describe the type of music she
performs,
unfortunately I'll have to leave one you more knowledgable ones to place her
in the
proper slot.  It is solo vocal, much piano, some sound effect to provide
ambiance and
mood for the song.  And gee, only for $3.95!  There are no liner notes,
cover, pictures or what-have-you, just black lettering on white paper so no
report there of what is
to come with the actual release.  For what it's worth, the spine has
2-62174-P Eastwest.

Bottom line, I like it.  I think you all have something to look forward too!

And while I'm at it, thanks to this list for keeping me informed enough to
know what
this obscure little item in the miscellaneous bin was.  Knowing of this list
for close to two years now has really helped me enjoy my favorite rock group
and such peripherals as Emma, Ben, John's Band and on and on.

Now if they would just get Van-Pires released!

Beau (having fun) McCrury