Re: We Close Tonight & Other Stuff

> How's it going?  You made some good points.  The thing that got me thinking
> about this song is the number of inaccuracies that have been made in the liner
> notes.

Mike:

That's why I will allow it may have been written by Entwistle. It also
capsulizes a good bit of the story, which is unlike the other songs AND
redundant. Unneeded.

> We Close Tonight, if Pete wrote it, is really weak for his standards.

This would also explain why it was left off, though. I haven't had a
chance to listen to it enough to determine whether it sounds like a
Entwistle or Townshend song. Something else on my agenda...

Carolyn:

> Believe it or not, I'm not excited by a PEPPER box.

I am, because I've got some of what would be on it. Although unlike you,
I'm hoping it won't be like the PET SOUNDS set. I'd love to have the
stereo mix of PS, but I've got the mono version and the rest is a
one-or-two time listen for me at best.

> The new mix really sucks, IMHO.  At least the original is still on
> TWO'S MISSING, although out of print.

For those who want to find it should look to their local used CD stores.

> Please do!  I want to see if yours matches mine.

Tomorrow...my CDs are at home.

> Oh, and thanks for the info on Yellow Dog.  I have heard that
> they're good, but the "Unsurpassed Masters" duplicate too
> much that I have on ANTHOLOGY.  I'm sure that the bootleggers
> are working on that problem....

Your best bet is Artifacts I & II...two five-disc sets which anthologize
the Yellow Dog boots. Released prior to the ANTHOLOGY sets, they still
contain a good 9 discs of unreleased material. Someone should do to the
same for The Who.

--

            Cheers                ML

    	 "DUDE!!!!!"