Re: woodstock

F A Malisos wrote:

> Hey all-
>
> I wasn't alive during the time of the first Woodstock, but I was under the
> impression that what made it so wonderful was the fact that it was somewhat
> unorganized and unsupervised.

	The summer of '69 must have been one hell of a summer!  On the tragic
side, there was the Charles Manson mulitple murders, and then on the
triumphet side there was the first moon landing.  Then of course just a
few weeks after that was Woodstock!
	I was only 5 years old, so other than the moon landing, I don't
remember JACK about that summer!

Now, they've recreated, and are trying for a
> second incarnation.

	Actually there was a second Woodstock in '94, and I'm sure you remember
now that I've mentioned it here to you.

 Won't it loose some of it's 'magic' if you make it
> some event monitered by police and security?

	We all live in a more violent and dangerous world in general since the
first woodstock, so the extra security has it's pros and cons for the
upcoming event.

 Besides, the first one was a
> gathering of acid heads in the name of peace.

	You can say THAT again.  I've seen enough footage of that gig to know
that it must have been for the most part insanely cool to go to!

 Now, it's gonna be some kind
> of trendy get together for people who think that they know the importance
> of music.

	Agreed.  But I'm sure there are going to be some original attendies
from the first one going to the newest one, such as is Pete.  And yes,
that DOES surprise me a tad that Pete has agreed to appear at this
newest one, considering how he hated the last one, but then again maybe
because it IS going to be more organized is the main reason that he
decided to perform there again!

 Is it just me, or is this a desprate attempt for old times?

	It's probably alot of things, that of course being a major one.  I'm
sure that it's also a money thing to, what with the global multi-media
that is the existence of todays world, I would imagine that alot of
$$$$$$$$ can be made, and I myself don't think that's such a horrible
thing if you put that in it's proper place.

> However, I'm sure that Pete will make up for any flaws in the program.

	That's for damn sure Samantha!

							Joseph