BBC & a new album

> "He [London Independent Arts News Editor David Lister] went on to say
> that beyond Pink Floyd, Hendrix, and the Stones, he saw tapes that
> contained sessions with the Who, Queen, Elton John, Genesis, Cream, and a
> somewhat    well-known band mislabeled as "The Beetles."

Brian:

The Hendrix stuff has been released (as RADIO ONE), unless there's some
leftover material. So has the Queen, and of course The Beatles (although
they did several versions of some songs, so there IS more material
there).

> NOT ONLY WOULD I LIKE TO SEE A NEW ALBUM BUT HOW ABOUT A LIVE ALBUM OF THE
> QUAD TOUR?

Oz:

If we get one, we're unlikely to get another...not for a long while,
anyway. I've not even heard rumors of the band going into the
studio...just one (possible) hint from Rog about new material. And as we
all know, it's Pete's decision...not Rog's.
My suggestion as the best solution would be a video tape of the QUAD
tour, in HiFi of course, and a new album. It's easy enough to record the
video over to a cassette.
Another, more selfish reason I'd like this this way...I'm hoping
(against the odds) that one day we'll get a live QUAD from `73 (possibly
King Biscuit will release theirs, as they have other bands?)...and if
they release the `97 version, they probably won't.
I also discovered last weekend that the HBO Hyde Park show was broadcast
in Surround Sound, and it sounds great. Those of you who can check it
out, should do so.

--

            Cheers                ML

 "There's a million ways to laugh/And every one's a path..."

            Pete Townshend