Re: another Keith Myth

martin wrote:

>  >The manager then left, entered the
> >reception area, picked up the phone and "put an all-points Holiday Inn
> >bulletin" which banned The Who for an indefinite period (which is still in
> >effect today).  Keith then drove the Lincoln Continental into the deep end
> of
> >the Holiday in Pool.
>
> Not only is the car in the pool false. But so is the "lifetime ban". I had a
> friend
> who worked for a Holiday Inn and one night in 1982 we checked the computer
> and there was nothing to prevent the Who from making a reservation or
> getting a room.  As long as the band pays the bill for the damages, most
> places dont care.

	Have any here ever read the Who book called "Before I Get Old"?  It's
an authorized book with interviews of each band member and some of their
relatives, including Roger's mom, ect.
	At some point in the book I read that about the last few years before
Keith left us ALL, that he was banned for life from British Airways for
fondleing stewardesses, causing commotions with his entourage on the
planes.
	So while the rest of the band flew British Airways, Keith had to fly
Air Kenya!!  Man, the vast sums of money that I would happily pay to be
able to have been able to watch Keith in action on both and off the
stage for a couple of days!

							Joseph