Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V5 #44

Lucas Bleicher wrote:

> ML wrote:
> >The answer is: none of them. It is a myth, attributed to Keith Moon
> >but which never happened. He did drive a car into his back-yard pond,
> >but that's another story... I suggest you read Full Moon aka Moon The
> >Loon by Dougal Butler for some other great (and true) stories.

	INTERESTING.  I'm going to have to check that one out!

> Hey, and why were the who banned from the Holliday Inn? I thought it was
> because of this... :/ Also, there's a car inside a pool on TKAA video...
> What was it?

	I always thought that it was true.  But I'm not the expert here.

> Vincent wrote:
> >I was wondering if the "join together" box is worth buying it. It's
> >the (in)famous live gig of 1989. It contains Tommy and other sounds
> >and marvels to delight your ears. And here is the same problem. DOES
> >PETE PLAY GUITAR? (the real one, the electric guitar). Does anybody
> >have it? Please answer. There is one box for just $20 just next to >me!

	My brother got me that CD set for Christmas three years ago and I STILL
play parts of it here and there on a regular basis to this day!
	The Join Together CD is a MUST for any Who fan, or just anybody who
loves great Rock!  Actually I lost the CD that had them doing the
regular Who songs, but I still have the Tommy CD and I love the way that
the whole thing is mixed, and Simon Phillips drums sound HAUNTING on it.
	My favorite time to play it (or any music for that matter) is when I'm
out on my balcony during the very late afternoon/early evening, sitting
back with hordeourves/ice cold beverage and just listening to every note
that is thrusted out.
	It's a BRILLIANT performance by The Who!!

							Joseph