Re: Bad Traders

> I think The Who Digest and Odds and Sods Digest are the perfect arena to
> warn others of bad traders, since this is where most trades originate.  I do
> think it would be proper to tell a little bit more about your experience and
> why you are calling someone a bad trader.

Dave:

Yes....this is important. For example, I was recently falsely called a
"bad trader" by someone on a list I'm not a member of (what a great way
not to be challenged on it). The reasons: A) I had supposedly set the
customs value at $90, which is completely false B) the sound quality
wasn't what the person expected. I note the sound quality on my list,
which apparently they ignored, and as anyone who has ever gotten a
bootleg can tell you: most aren't up to release standards. I mean, is
this news?
The proper course is to contact the person when you're not happy with
the trade, but this did not happen. I heard not a word until someone
later forwarded the posted complaint (over a year after the trade),
which was actually by someone who knows the person I traded with instead
of the person himself.
BTW, it's the ONLY person who EVER complained about a trade I was
involved with. One out of perhaps 100. I would have made good, had I
been contacted personally...but handling it in the manner it was is
completely wrong. In fact, it says a lot more about the complainer than
the supposed offender. Maybe they work for Ken Starr?
So PLEASE be sure about these things before publicly calling someone a
"bad trader."

--

            Cheers                ML

                                   Meher Baba