Re: Who Babes

Sean:

Hey, I was wanting to convene the great minds of this little Who club in
order to analyze a phenominon that has always bugged me. How come the
Who's audience is predominately male?  I hardly ever see any birds who
are Who Heads.  Why is that?  It is my life-long dream to find a
free-thinking, female hippie Who Head with which to share existance.
When I saw the Who in Indianapolis this summer, my friend and I were
stunned at what we noticed: not one single female person at the entire
ampitheater attended the Who's concert unless a male had brought them.

As other females on this list have already pointed out - I was *not*
introduced to the Who by a male. I don't have a brother and I was 15 and
boyfriend-less when I discovered The Who (over 22 years ago). I have been to
over 45 Who shows and most were without a male escort!! (unless the
boyfriend I had at the time wanted to go along!)

We coined a phrase for this observation, "The Indianiapolis Principle,"
which stands for the hpothesis that birds generally don't dig the Who
unless a male exposes them to it, and then, they only tolerate it.

Only *tolerate* it? I am absolutely passionate about The Who, ask my
daughter Rael . . .

This is a generalization, of course, so please don't assault me with
counterexamples. While the mix of genders did get a little better as the
tour went south -- Charolette was probably the best -- the point is
still the same: The Who's audience is about 75 percent male.  Why?

I'm not upset with your generalities and it has been pointed out many times
before that the Who's audience is 90% male but you know Sean, some chicks
dig a high level of testosterone ;-0

down at the Astoria - -

Pamela