Re: Who Women

Sean,

>Hey, I was wanting to convene the great minds of this little Who
club in
>order to analyze a phenominon that has always bugged me. How come
the
>Who's audience is predominately male?

A better question would be, why are rock audiences in general
predominantly male, especially when it comes to older bands?  It's
not just the Who.  I don't, for example, know many female Led
Zeppelin fans.

>I hardly ever see any birds who are Who Heads.

That is because we are hiding.  We don't go out in public for fear
that people will start calling us birds.

>When I saw the Who in Indianapolis this summer, my friend and I
were
>stunned at what we noticed: not one single female person at the
entire
>ampitheater attended the Who's concert unless a male had brought
them.

Not ONE woman came without being dragged by a man?  Did you take a
poll or something?  Even if every woman in the audience was
accompanied by a man, it doesn't mean that he brought her.  Women do
occasionally take men places.  Shocking, I know, but such things have
happened.

>We coined a phrase for this observation, "The Indianiapolis
Principle,"
>which stands for the hpothesis that birds generally don't dig the
Who
>unless a male exposes them to it, and then, they only tolerate it.

Ah yes, it is well known that women are incapable of discovering
anything on their own.  Where would we be without men to expose us to
new information?  I certainly would not have become the Who-
tolerating female that I am without the aid of lots of big manly men.
 In fact, I can't do anything without a man to help me!  I'm not even
typing this message myself, my secretary Lance is taking dictation.

>This is a generalization, of course, so please don't assault me
with
>counterexamples.

I should be quite disappointed in my fellow female fans (how's that
for a nice alliteration?) if you were not assaulted with counter
examples.  It is one thing to simply ask why there are not more
female Who fans, it is quite another to ask that while implying that
the few existing female Who fans are feebleminded and male-dependant.
 Sure, *I* may be feebleminded, but there are plenty of other Who
women that are not.

-Yellow "Hopelessly trying to open a pickle jar by myself" Ledbetter