guitar poll

Hey Nick.  First off,  let me say that Pete was the single biggest influence
on my learning to play the guitar.  I was in a lip sync contest at my junior
high, and we did "Pinball Wizard."  That was the first time I had really been
aware of The Who's music.  I got into them at a good point in time because
when I reached the beginning of my real interest in them they did their '89
tour.  That was it.  After seeing them live I wanted to play the guitar.  This
ambition was further fueled by repeated viewings of The Kids Are Alright
movie.  Since then, I have been in a few bands.  Luckily I have found people I
can play Who tunes with.  As far as Pete's playing/soloing, there are a number
of songs that have some real definitive playing on them.  "Pinball Wizard"
contains one of the greatest rhythm guitar tracks ever.   The solo on "Pure
And Easy" is easily one of Pete's best.  His playing on Who's Next is superb,
and very tasty too.  Especially on "Won't Get Fooled Again."  I've often
thought that his lead work on "Join Together" and "The Relay" is overlooked.
There are tons of other songs that have great playing on them, but these are
just a few of the ones I really like.   I also love his playing on "Young Man
Blues" from Live at Leeds.  I can't help but crank that song to 11 when ever I
hear it.
     Something that might be of interest to you Nick is the guitar collection
that the  Hal Leonard music series put out not to long ago.  They have a four
volume set called "The Who: The Definitive Colleciton."  They are really well
done, and definitely worth having.

Long Live Rock!
Mike