FD and PJ

> The reissue is much better, but the guitar is still kinda low.

Kentavo:

I agree that the remix is better, but I also think Pete intentionally
softpeddled his guitar to get a more Pop sound, changing the music since
Keith was gone. He was saying this at the time (but of course, he's said a
LOT of things).

> Actually, VS. was my favorite.

Carolyn:

IMHO, TEN is an essential Rock album. As important as QUAD and WN and EXILE
ON MAIN STREET and ENGLISH SETTLEMENT and the other elite. I also like VS a
lot, and think YIELD is just about as good...but TEN was their masterpiece
(so far).
For that matter VITALOGY had some great (and some terrible) songs, while NO
CODE was just bland and uneventful. At least it SOUNDED like Pearl
Jam...sorta...

> Pity it doesn't show on their new live album.  I was unimpressed
> by the tracks I've heard (mostly Elderly Woman....).

Haven't heard it yet (I listen to no radio after Stern goes off), but it's
bound to show up in my store soon. Too bad. Their boots show a band within
striking distance of being as good as The Who were live. And I say that
with no qualifiers...they are that good. There was a time when I thought
they were the "new hope," but alas...

> However, WHO'S LAST was pretty dismal, too, to be fair.

OUCH! Is it THAT bad???
That's the one Who album I refused to get on CD. I notice they "left it
out" of the reissue series, too.

> ROFL!  Perhaps if we say his name backwards, he'll
> disappear. <g>

We can only hope. But I can't even say it forwards. Swizzleshtic? Smiztech?

Beetlejuice?