Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V5 #269

At 7:53 -0800 12/14/1998, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 18:15:46 -0600
>From: "Rene Bos" <renebos@prodigy.net>
>Subject: 2 shocking things
>
>bad shocking: Roger Daltrey's health !!!
>please somebody on this list -which I only joined recently so you might all
>know the sad news- please tell me it's not true and tell me Roger is
>fine!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like someone was just making up rumors to scare you.  He has a
stomach-muscle injury from decades ago, and some residual effects from
being hit behind the left eye with a mike stand at Hyde Park '96, but in
general he's fine AFAIK.

>>Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:12:49 -0600
>>From: James Sigel <JSigel@WINSTON.COM>
>>Subject: Re:  Carla
>>
>>"...may I be matched with you again?  Without your match, there is no
>flame."  PT

I think "may I be matched with you again" is punctuated by a "." not a "?";
it's a prayer, not a question, like "may God bless us every one" shouldn't
have a question mark.  Anyone else care to weigh in?

>Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 07:43:45 PST
>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Who likes Who

[in response  to:]

>>That said, my top 10 would be
>>
>>The Who
>>Pete's solo work
>>John's solo work (especially factoring in the new songs that haven't
>been
>>released)
>>
>>then, in no particular order:

>No Roger solo?

Sadly, not.  I like his voice as much as ever, but the songwriting on his
albums is several notches below that on Pete's & John's IMO.  I love a
couple of songs here and there -- e.g., Under a Raging Moon, Unforgettable
Opera, It Don't Satisfy Me, are right up there with the best Who songs --
but in general, I like specific songs rather than his whole body of solo
work.

Alan
Be sure to read _McKendree: A Burning Novel of Murder and Revenge_
by Douglas Hirt, ISBN 0-8439-4184-7  (available at www.amazon.com)