Re: Where are these bands from?

Carlos Valdes <cjvaldes@gua.gbm.net> wrote:

>Davis Brothers (Ray & Dave) are from southern London

Close, but no sitar!  The Davies brothers are from the Muswell Hill
area, which is way on the other side of London.  According to Ray,
when he and Dave were young they referred to the good folk of south
London as "the potato people".  Not very nice, but that sort of
geographical snobbery takes place even in much smaller towns, like
the one I live in.

And to the original querent, Jim_Blair@pcmailgw.ml.com,

>I just wanted to thank all the replies (BOTH OF THEM) I got
>for this question. Guess I expected a little too much.
>(Zeppelin and Tull from the USA, huh ?) Get a clue.
>Can someone give me a coherent answer, please?

You may not have noticed, but this is the WHO mailing list.  While
topics relating to rock music in general do often come up here, I
would not expect a precise or even coherent answer to any question
not involving the Who.  Any library should have one or more rock
music reference books that could provide you with a brief biography
of most (if not all) the bands you listed.

-Yellow "And the little green monster" Ledbetter