2 Cents about Boston Show

First, the negatives. I missed not having a drummer. I always enjoyed
the sight or sound of Simon P. or Zak.  However, in the spirit of a new
approach to old songs, the concept worked.  I think the end of the show,
which included 20 or 30 black gospel singers singing "See Me..., was a
bit awkward. By the end of the song, they were choreographed to stand on
the edge of the stage.  The only problem was I couldn't see Pete. The
concept was actually a sharp idea, but needed to have the bugs worked
out.

Finally, the positives.  Pete looked great and seemed to have a lot of
fun. He wore all black with a white/silver jacket. (He immediately took
the jacket off). Until his equipment failed, he played with reckless
abandon.  I don't know why he played so much acoustic in '89 and early
in the Quad tour. He seems to enjoy the raw power of the electric
instrument. Pete told the audience that he has spent most of his life
annoying people.  In that spirit, he said he would annoy us by taking
great classic rock songs and fucking them up.  Pete, with help from Jon
Carin, began to sing the Real Me to what sounded like Mr. Rogers
Neighborhood music. It was very funny and made the point that slightly
rearranging Who songs was not the worst thing in the world.

On that note, IMHO, here's some observations on the songs:

I Am An Animal was never a favorite solo song for me.  However, it
really sounded great live.  Just picture Pete screaming those lines, "I
will be immersed, Queen of the fucking universe!!"
 The Real Me was similar sounding to the version on the box set.  Pete
called it a "funky" version and admitted he didn't like the version.  I
think he was lying because he has fun with it.
The Kids are Alright actually started out sounding a bit corny with
Tracy providing the backup vocal.  However, the ending made it one of
the more powerful numbers.

Great Show!! It was cool seeing Pete again!!  Lets see some more Pete!!

DK