The Who, John Hiatt, and The Kinks

Alan typed:
>Can't say I have, or would be particularly interested to, either, after
>this initial report.  People who take potshots at Pete/The Who in songs go
>quickly to a special rung of my shitlist.  That's how John ("Perfectly Good
>Guitar") Hiatt got there.

Except that Pete has stated publicly in interviews that he loves the song...
And he and Hiatt are actually friends.

That song "Perfectly Good Guitar" wasn't a dig at Townshend, it was a dig on
Nirvana.

I consider JH the single greatest songwriter alive right now.  And, the man
has never made a bad album.

TVC-15 typed:
>The KINKS?!?  That's like saying Who vs. Sam the Sham.....

Whoa!  The Kinks are one of the greatest rock bands ever!  How can anyone
like Townshend's songs and not like Ray Davies?  The two styles are so
similar that I sometimes think they learned from each other.  The Kinks rank
right behind The Beatles, The Stones, and the Who in the British rock
pecking order...

Maybe we should trash the over-hyped ham-actor cornball-songwriting of David
Bowie.

Heath
|                                                 |
|     Go on a horror hayride with Webb Wilder,    |
|     the last of the Full Grown Men, at:         |
| http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/5540 |
|  Punkabilly?  Meet the fathers of alternative   |
|  Country, Jason & The Scorchers, at:            |
|     http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/3301     |