Re: Rolling Stones Gather No Who Fans

I hate to stand up for the Stones, but they brought blues back to America.
They listened to Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker, and Robert
Johnson when this country ignored them.  They are about the purest form of
Rock and Roll ever.  Since then, yes, they have been on the coattails of
trends, but I have to give them some serious credit.  Remember the Who
were only going to record Stones songs there for a while.  There is no
virtuosso performer/writer like Pete in the band, but  they cut to the
heart of things unlike any other group.  There is a difference between the
two types of Rock they adhere to, but both are at the top of their class.
Art is never appreciated in its time, so I just live contently with the
fact that it will last a lot longer.

Brian