Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #274

he and maybe others are unable to rise above their "disapproval or dislike"
 (in his own words, tfor homosexuality so much so that it interferes with or
maybe destroys their connection to an artist.  If anything would be capable
of reversing these prejudices I would hope it would be the fan/artist
relationship.  I think we can be fairly certain that Pete Townshend is just
one of many "rock stars" who has experimented with homosexuality.
Basically I feel sorry for Mr. Deer.   But the reality is that Pete has had
homosexual encounters and whatever "disgusting" feelings that now brings up
in him, he has to live with it forever.  Pete can never again be the totally
straight macho rock star icon that you dream him up to be.  Ha! Ha!  Isn't
life strange when all our little illusions are destroyed?  Good luck.