Re: "1921"

Colin:
>I am a newcomer to the world of The Who, as I am only 16 years old.

Welcome to the list!  I'm also sixteen, although a fan of three and
half year's standing.  Not too impressive when compared to the people
around here who've been fans for 30+ years, but not bad for my age.
:)

>Can anybody tell me why in Tommy (in which the stage production I
saw was set
>from the 1940's through to the 1960's) is "21 gonna be a good year".
I could
>understand this if it was set after the 1st world war (like it says
on the
>symphonic Tommy album), but that would mean that Tommy would be 10
in 1931,
>and as far as I am aware, pinball was not around then. I am baffled.

As Brian said, the chronology of the "Tommy" album is a bit confusing.
  In fact, quite a lot of the album is confusing, and you will
probably find that it's easier just to accept it than to try and make
sense of it. :)
In an effort to clarify the story "1921" was changed to "1951" in the
"Tommy" film, and just "Twenty-One" in the theater production.  You
probably noticed that in the play the song was about Mrs. Walker's
21st birthday and not the actual year, which was 1945.

- -Yellow "Flipperball" Ledbetter