No subject given

     From Digest #264:

     >He was probably just having an off day.

     >I met the band on the 1982 tour when they were in Oakland, Ca.  Roger
     >was gracious, funny, personable and quite happy to pose for a photo
     >with his arm around my friend.  This was quite in contrast to Mr.
     >Townshend's behavior at the time...

     Perhaps Roger and Pete have this "good cop/bad cop" arrangement
     going... When I met them in 1989 in Houston and Dallas, Roger was
     always nice and signed and took pictures for everyone (even the huge
     mob outside the back of the Cotton Bowl in Dallas)  He even took the
     time to draw a little microphone swinging from the end of his
     signature (every time).  Pete, on the other hand, was dodging
     everyone.  This year, in Florida, Pete signed for everyone, and Roger
     was avoiding people (I think he was weary of the autograph dealers,
     the few he did sign, he personalized...).  John was always very
     cool...

     I would say that they are all rather nice though, generally
     speaking... (I guess you can't be ON all the time).

     Regarding
     >"the question of an artist selling material to the bootleggers on the
     sly ..."

     (I always kind of figured that if my band became famous, I would do
     that).  I vaguely remember reading an old interview with Pete were he
     indicated that he knew who was supplying some of his tapes to the
     bootleggers, but did not really care...that is until "Theresa" got out
     (prototype for "Athena") which he regarded as very personal.  He sued
     the guilty parties on that one. (I'm a bit sketchy on the details, but
     I think that's fairly accurate...anyone?)