Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #263

<<>They were interviewing this lady photographer who was to
>shoot Roger for a cover of Rolling Stone mag. She traveled a long
way to
>do this shoot, and Roger refused to let her take any pictures of him.
 She
>pleaded with him but know luck. Anyway he started to walk down the
beach,
>and she followed him into the water. Roger finally let her have the
shot
>but only when the camera came close to being submerged in the water.
I guess he
>had a change of heart. I didn't think he was that much of a head
case.
>Is still like this?

He was probably just having an off day.

I met the band on the 1982 tour when they were in Oakland, Ca.  Roger was
 gracious, funny, personable and quite happy to pose for a photo with his arm
around my friend.  This was quite in contrast to Mr. Townshend's behavior at
the time...

Kim