Re: Pete with or without the Who

Rich recently discussed the differences between Pete's and Roger's
voice.  It is true that Pete is more likely to miss notes but to me
it sounds like Pete's voice records better.  This is most obvious on
Quad (original and reissued) where, apparently due to the transition
from quadrophonic to stereophonic sound, Roger's voice wound up
somehow out of phase with itself.  (I think that is what Dougal's
book says.)  But even on other albums like WAY Roger's voice seems
distant while Petes comes through clear.  I love the reissued WAY but
I wish I could turn up Roger's voice, or somehow make it thicker and
more resonant.

"Entropy - it isn't what it used to be"                             Frank