Goodbye Sister Disco (and don't come back)

> > Zep did do a Disco song: For Your Life. Funk/Disco, anyway.
>
> I tend to disagree.  First, Funk is different from Disco.

They have their similarities...definitely the same roots. FYL is almost
Funk, but it's executed like a Disco song ("Cocaine/Cocaine/Cocaine;"
how much more Disco can you get than cocaine? Then there's the musical
bit after that).
Keep in mind that Disco, rather than being a specific genre, was really
just dance music. Remember the version of Baby Face? Aiiieee!
It was created out of many other styles (including a strong Funk
influence) for one single purpose: to make money. It was about as
original as a Don Kirshner-created band.
Thank the Universal Mind that Pete never fell prey to it...although
Uniforms "dances" dangerously close.

> Disco uses a cymbal-obsessed drummer and three Aussie brothers with falsettos.

And a four/four beat? More "facts" about Disco (yes, I know you're
joking). Hmmm...I should write a book called Goodbye Sister Disco: Myths
About The Disco Revolution.

(yes, I'm joking too)

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend