Heat Wave

Jen D wrote:

>And I know well what it's like to be damn cold as one dreams of
>July.  (That's when our 3 whole days of summer occur.  Don't want to miss
>'em!)

We've got the opposite problem here in NoCal.  It's been above 100 degrees
for the past three days...and we've still got five more months of his
weather to come!

HEAT WAVE!
HEAT WAVE!

On Pete's birthday I thought I'd move away from songwriting and cast my vote
for PT as the greatest rock guitarist of them all.  There's no doubt that he
doesn't solo like Page, Hendrix or Van Halen, but IMO Pete plays at a higher
level than the rest.  In a nutshell, to me it's more communicative.  When I
hear mediocre guitarists (Cobain etc...) it's as though the music is
speaking to me word-by-word.  With the great guitarists (Clapton) it's as
though each musical passage is a complete sentence.  With Pete it goes
beyond that level...to me he's able to communicate a broad range of emotions
and attitudes and feelings with just a few notes.  Doubtlessly this is at
least partly due to the fact that The Who is my favorite group and I'm more
familiar with their work than with that of other performers...but hearing
The Who and Pete's guitar playing in particular touches me in a way that no
other music has come close to.  I think all of our lives have been greatly
enriched by his work, and I for one am damn proud to call myself a stark
raving lunatic rabid drooling Who Fan!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PETE!!! (and please tour the west coast this year!)

Lait

Chico Todd (Not just Chico, not just Todd)

exquisitely bored in california