Re: "Jimmy" Rotten

In message <199705131420.7004500@THE-SPA.COM>, David Thirteen
<thirteen@the-spa.com> writes
>>Thank goodness John Lydon failed his auditions.  He would've turned the
>>film into a travesty.
>
>Actually, if he had the ability to act, I think John would have been an
>excellent choice, what with the Who-Pistols lineage thing (carrying the
>torch of r&r, etc.)

*If* he had the ability to act.  Apparently, he was pretty awful in rehearsals!

The film was turning into a punk extravaganza at the time.  Sham 69 were
first choice for the Goldhawk band and Mark Wingett (Dave) kept turning
up with Punk hairdo's spike dog collars and multiple lovebites.  He was
quite the anarchist!

>Is this little known fact re. John's audition from a book, profile, etc?

Direct from the mouth of Toyah Wilcox!  She had to rehearse with him.
John was up for Jimmy and she was (initially) up for Steph.

They had to practice long lingering kisses together....., no wonder her
memory is so clear!  That would give me the 'horrors' for 20 years too!

- --
Gary L