Re: Quad the movie

Brian wrote from Atlanta:

>Which brings up something to ponder.  When does "Quadrophenia" take
>place?  Not the movie, the album?  If it's Autumn 1964 as the presence
>of The High Numbers would imply, why the reference to "My Generation"
>and the snippet of "The Kids Are Alright?"

    Good observation, Bri.
    Also, in the film, how could a 1964 Jimmy, be watching a 31st of May
'65 broadcast of "Ready Steady Go"?
    On that note, there is another anachronism in the movie which I have
not heard mentioned. In Brighton, on the morning after the dance there is a
shot of Jimmy strolling along the beach in front of the West Pier. In the
background one can clearly see the Brighton Marina which was not officially
opened until 1978.* True, its construction took close to a decade but it
definitely did not exist in 1964. One would have seen only the open "sea".

    * This info was provided by my good friend from Brighton, Simon Pigott
(and his Mum).

Stoo