I'm gonna raise a holler

About workin in a summer
trying to just to earn a dollar

Well the time a come a baby
To try to get a date.
The boss said, "no dice son you gotta
worka late"

Sometimes I wonder what I'm gonna do,
but there aint no cure for the summertime blues.

Well My mom and papa told me son you gotta earn some money.
If you wanna use the car to go a ridin' next sunday.

Well I didn't go to work,
told the boss I was sick.

They said, "can't use the car cause you didn't work late"

Sometimes I wonder what I'm gonna do,
but there aint no cure for the summertime blues.

I'm gonna take two weeks gonna have a fine vacation.
I'm gonna take my problem to the United Nations.
Well I called my congressman and he said boy
"I'd like to help you son, but you're too young to vote."

Sometimes I wonder what I'm gonna do,
but there aint no cure for the summertime blues.

Well I knew that my favorite band was out to earn some money.
Their travelin the U.S.A.  from tomorrow till next sunday.

Well I called my ticket-master agent, and he said boy,
"Ain't no west coast shows for you to take your date."

Sometimes I wonder what I'm gonna do,
but there aint no cure for the summertime blues.

- -With the blues bigtime in CA

- -Chaim