best drummer

der: owner-thewho@igtc.COM
with SMTP id QAA05032 for <thewho@igtc.com>; Thu, 1 May 1997 16:48:33 -04=
00

 =

>Montreux by Zep and Cobwebs and Strange on A Quick One(Happy Jack) It =

>has reinforced my belief that Moon was the better drummer.

>I would like to hear your opinion on who is better. If anyone =

>cares I hate the Beatles.

>                                       Bill

Well Bill I would like to add someone to the mix.  Bonham an excellent
drummer; no argument there but I have always viewed Moon as a much more
powerful drummer (emotionally that is) than Bonham.  I believe Moon
elevated the position of the drummer from just a time keeper to an actual=
ly
contributing instrument.  If I was to pick a true second to Moonie it wou=
ld
have to be Ginger Baker of Cream.  I believe he is truly great and
continually overlooked.

Of course this is IMHO and like others seem to be on this list lately wan=
a note for note comparison.  Well I don't have it fellow whooligan.  I am=

one of the few I guess who believe music is subjective and beauty in the
eye of the beholder.

Kathleen "go ahead flame me" Pasquale