Re: Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting!

>Could someone please tell me when it was recorded, why it was
>recorded, who's playing the drums, and maybe where it was recorded?
>Right On, and Long Live Spock, er, Rock!

It was recorded in July 1991 for an Elton John-Bernie Taupin tribute
album called "Two Rooms."  Pete and Jon Astley recorded their part first
with Jon playing the drums on a drum machine! (gack!).  They then sent
the tapes to Roger and John who recorded their parts at another studio.
At the same time, Roger and John recorded a video which was featured in a
TV special showing music videos from the album.  It is just Rog and John
singing in a studio intercut with old stage file of Pete.

The album was released that October and went to #18 in the U.S. charts.

			-Brian in Atlanta