Face Dances

I know this has been done before but I'd like to share with all of you a new
tape I just made that was inspired by the new reissue of Face Dances. As soon
as I get more free time I'll probably do the same thing with It's Hard,
aIthough I think IH is a stronger record than FD was originally. My reason
for posting this is to show the potential that FD had. I think it's a good
album but it could have been great.

I know that many Who fans don't like this album but it deserves a listen. It
has some really good songs. I do admit that it does suffer from the fact that
Pete was using a lot of his better material for his solo work. This is why I
recently made my own version of what I think Face Dances could have been if
Pete was putting The Who first.

My version fits perfectly on a 60min tape.
Side One:
You Better You Bet
Don't Let Go The Coat
Let My Love Open The Door
Cache, Cache
Jools and Jim
I Am An Animal
Daily Records
It's In You (Virginia)

Side Two:
Face Dances (Part II)
Empty Glass
The Quiet One
Rough Boys
A Little Is Enough
Another Tricky Day

Bonus Tracks:
Prelude #556 (from Another Scoop)
I Like Nightmares
Vicious Interlude (from Another Scoop)

for a longer tape I would have included the following as other bonus tracks:
How Can You Do It Alone (Live)
Don't Let Go The Coat (Live)
The Quiet One (Live)
Another Tricky Day (Live)

Listening to Face Dances this way shows how great this album could/should
have been. I think Pete is a great solo artist but there is no doubt that his
solo career hurt The Who. BTW, After listening to "It's In You" a few times I
can't understand how it didn't make the record in the first place. It's
wonderfully cynical. And after listening to the live version of "The Quiet
One" on the reissue of FD it is clear to see/hear that Kenny Jones IS a damn
good drummer (obviously no Kieth but that is too much to ask).

Vac