Herpes Masterclass :-)

>Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 16:36:06, -0500
>From: THRH79B@prodigy.com (MS KELLY D GILES I)
>Subject: Re: lyrics to "Athena"
>
>>By the way, I've been listening to It's Hard lately, does anyone
>know
>>what the words are to "Athena-" "She's just a girl, she's a WHAT?"
>
>The magic word is..."bomb".  Really.
>
>>Also, what is the "herpes masterclass?"
>
>A really nasty sexually transmitted disease...one that is not
>mentioned anywhere in the lyrics to "Athena".  I'm not sure what
>lyrics you are misunderstanding, maybe if you gave the whole line
>then someone could tell you what it really is.

I assume the line you are mishearing is "My heart felt like a shattered
glass in an acid bath".
Hey, you were CLOSE :-)

Don't feel bad.  I always thought the guy in "My Wife" got in all that
trouble because he walked into the ladies bathroom! - "All I did was have a
bit too much to drink and I picked the wrong pee sink."  Just assumed "pee
sink" was a Britism for toilet.  And it follows that a guy in the ladies
bathroom WOULD  get "picked up by the law".

rainman

"We are all of us in the gutter,
 But some of us are looking at the stars."
 - Chrissie Hynde