Songs about Keith

Brian in Atlanta wrote:

>BTW, did it ever occur to anyone that (unlike The Beatles with John
>Lennon) The Who didn't put out a song to commemorate Keith?  Pete
only
>mentions him in passing in "Jools and Jim" and it took Roger 7 years
>come out with "Under A Raging Moon."

Keith got mentioned in "Virginia" too...well, okay, "It's In You",
but that song will always be "Virginia" to me!  I don't care what it
says on the new "Face Dances"!  And I know some people have
interpreted "Somebody Saved Me" to involve Keith...not an
interpretation I personally agree with, but a valid one all the same.

But you're right, the Who never did release any song just for Keith's
memory.  I think it's probably because of what I said before, they
wouldn't want to cheapen something like that by making it their next
single.  It would just look like a sleazy way to cash in on tragedy,
sort of the musical version of those disaster movies-of-the-week on
television.

- -Yellow "Sea Bass" Ledbetter