Covers of Who Songs -- angry or proud?

I remeber watching National Lampoons Senior Trip, and listening to a
horrible version of Magic Bus by some gratingly awful band.  Reading
the most recent The Who Digest, I noticed an ad (nothing less than
that) for a cd of Who covers by Chicago bands.  Personally I get
angry when bands think they can effectively cover songs by The Who,
and it turns me off to them.  Perhaps the only Who cover I respect is
Elton John's Pinball Wizard in the infamous movie "Tommy".  Are there
really worthwhile covers of The Who out there, or do they get you
angry at the band for having the nerve.

Just curious

Andy Steinke
asteinke@mail.discover-net.net